Portobellos with Rucola and Parmigiano
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 piece of Parmigiano (4 ounces), for shaving
Pre-heat grill or grill pan.
Grill portobellos until slightly softened, 3 minutes per side, and place gill side up on a clean work surface.
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons EVOO, anchovy paste, vinegar and thyme. Spoon the mixture onto the gill sides of the portobellos and let stand 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, toss arugula, remaining EVOO, lemon juice and salt to taste until evenly coated.
To serve, divide the arugula among four plates and top each with a mushroom. Shave the Parmigiano over each ‘shroom with a peeler and serve immediately.