Quick Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
For a complete meal, serve with Chicken Fried Steaks and Creamed Pan Gravy with Biscuits and Southern Green Beans.
- 1 frozen pie shell, pricked several times with tines of a fork
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding, prepared to package directions
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced thin on an angle
- 1 can spray whipped cream
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar
Pre-heat oven to 425ºF.
Bake pie shell 10-12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
Line the baked and cooled pie shell with a layer of chocolate pudding, about half of the prepared amount. Add a layer of bananas. Top with remaining prepared instant chocolate pudding and remaining bananas. Cover the top with a giant swirl of whip cream from the spray can, starting at the center and working out. Shave a chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler and top pie with shavings. Serve immediately.