Romaine Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Warning! These are seriously large servings.
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound blue cheese crumbles, in specialty cheese section of your market
- Salt and pepper
Place lettuce in a big bowl. Combine garlic, oregano, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Add oil to dressing in a slow stream and mix with a whisk or fork. Stir in blue cheese. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.