Honey adds sweetness to this mix of peppers with lime juice. Use this versatile sauce to enhance a variety of dishes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tomatillos, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- A scant palmful of cilantro leaves, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon ground coriander (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (1/3 palmful)
- Juice of 1 lime
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add all of the ingredients except the salt and lime juice and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Using a blender or food processor, puree the mixture with the lime juice; season with salt.