This recipe was sent from rachaelray.com visitor, Lisa Ujobagy, who reports, “My daughter loves carrot cake so I created a cookie to get veggies into her and she thinks it’s a snack. It’s really a cross between carrot cake and zucchini bread with a light cream cheese frosting.”
For the cookies:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 /12 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini (squeeze out liquid)
- 2 cups grated carrots (squeeze out liquid)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Beat the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla together. Sift together the dry ingredients and then stir into the moist ingredients until completely combined. Fold in the carrots and zucchini and nuts, if using.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together all of the frosting ingredients until smooth.
Spoon out 1 teaspoon of dough per cookie onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes. Let the cookie/cakes cool on racks and frost with cream cheese frosting.