Sliced Steak BLTs
Sliced steak BLTs: I made sandwiches with leftover marinated flank steak from a couple of nights before (you could also make these with store-bought good-quality deli roast beef). I thinly sliced the steak against the grain. I made a Spicy Chimichurri sauce (recipe follows). I toasted some Amy’s white bread, baked off some Oscar’s Smokehouse applewood-smoked bacon (see page 24), and sliced up tomatoes from the garden. So you stack the sliced flank steak on the bread and cover it with the chimichurri, then BLT up on top of that. Or you could chimichurri the bottom slice, build the sandwich, and slather more chimichurri on top. They were really delicious.
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 red Fresno chile peppers, halved (2 seeded and 2 not, to make it spicy but not too hot)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup EVOO
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to form a thick sauce.