Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
Enjoy these party-perfect bites with friends and family!
- 24-36 (depending on size) crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 small or 1/2 medium onion
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, canned or frozen
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 box defrosted chopped spinach, squeezed out in a kitchen towel
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Pre-heat the oven to 450˚F.
On a baking sheet, place the mushrooms caps stem side up, drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
While the mushrooms are roasting, to a food processor add the garlic, onion, EVOO, salt, pepper and nutmeg and pulse to chop. Add the artichokes and cheese and pulse again. Add the spinach and egg yolks, pulse again to combine, then add in the nuts and heavy cream.
Fill the mushroom caps with the spinach-artichoke mixture and bake for another 10-12 minutes, until the filling is cooked through.