Spinach-Feta Mediterranean Burritos
Hit the road with these breakfast-to-go burritos and you can go for hours!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach (10 ounces), defrosted and squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 8 eggs or 4 eggs and 4 egg whites, beaten with a splash of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about two tablespoons. Once the skillet is hot, add the defrosted spinach and sundried tomatoes, if using, and heat through.
Beat the eggs with a splash of milk. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and scramble with spinach. Remove from heat.
Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until blistered and soft, one minute on each side.
Make the burritos by placing a quarter of the hot eggs on one side of tortilla, then top with a quarter of the feta cheese, tuck in sides, wrap and roll. Wrap in foil and go!
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.