This fantastic frittata is filled with flavor and nutrients.
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound green beans (a generous handful), stemmed and cut on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons chopped into small pieces
- 3 ears corn, kernels scraped off, or 1 cup frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs tarragon, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- A few dashes hot pepper sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. In a small saucepan, add enough water to reach a depth of 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil, salt it, add the green beans and simmer for 3 minutes; drain.
In a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt the unchopped butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, 7 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the green beans and tarragon.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce; season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped butter and pour over the succotash; cook until set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until firm, 8 minutes. Let cool. To serve, cut into wedges.