Sweet Baked Brie
- 1 11×17″ sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1-pound wheel of Brie cheese, about 5 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1 box water crackers
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Spread the puff pastry sheet onto a counter and roll it out to 1/8-inch thick. Trim a few inches of the dough off the ends to square it off (save the scraps).
Cut the Brie through the equator into two pieces and place one half on the puff pastry, cut side up. Spread the jam on the cheese and sprinkle with the almonds. Replace the top half of the Brie.
Wrap the dough up and over the Brie, and brush with egg wash to secure. Place the Brie package on a nonstick baking sheet, seam side down.
Cut designs from the dough scraps and decorate the top of the dough, then brush with the egg wash. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with the crackers alongside.
* Toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring or tossing often, just until lightly golden. Remove the toasted nuts from the skillet immediately, as the heat of the skillet will continue to toast the nuts. Cool completely. Alternatively, you can spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them in a 350°F oven or toaster oven, stirring once or twice.