Thai Lettuce Cups
A healthy lunch idea! You might also enjoy Caesar Lettuce Cups.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 iceberg lettuce heads, cut into quarters and leaves gently removed to make the lettuce cups
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful basil, chopped
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with one turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the pan until golden brown on all sides.
Add in the red pepper and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add in the chili sauce and honey and simmer to reduce it and coat the chicken.
To serve, lay the lettuce leaves on a platter, then scoop some of the chicken mixture onto each leaf.
Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, lime juice and basil.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.