Turkey Burgers with Zucchini Relish
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins (preferably sourdough), fork split
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 4 red lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, parsley, grill seasoning, mustard and poultry seasoning. Form four patties. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each to prevent bulging while cooking.
Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until the juices run clear, 6-7 minutes on each side. During the last few minutes of cooking, top each burger with a cheddar slice, tenting loosely with foil to melt the cheese.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, thyme, hot sauce and lime juice. Season with salt.
Toast and butter the English muffins. Set a lettuce leaf and burger on each muffin bottom and top with some zucchini relish and a muffin top.