Can apsirin be toxic to dogs?
My 13 year old staffie mix named Tessie injured her paw this weekend and I could not get her to the vet for many hours; she was clearly in a great deal of pain. I gave her 2 adult aspirin and only later found out that I had made a very dangerous decision. The vet later told me that an overdose of aspirin can cause renal failure in dogs. It can also cause gastrointestinal upsets and other problems. The max recommended is 10mg/lb. Be sure and check with your vet before giving your dog any medication. My dog was okay in the end but please learn from my mistake!