How do I cut a mango?
Stephanie Craig Says:
I finally splurged yesterday after seeing Rachael show how to cut my favorite fruit the other day on her show — the mango!
Today I got out my mango and went to watch the DVR so that I could cut it and do some major damage and I can’t find it anywhere! Needless to say, I tried what I could remember and it surely wasn’t right! I ended up with very little ‘meat’ and a lot of slimey waste! Fortunately a have 5 more, but I still don’t know how to cut it up! Can someone please help me? Thank you so much.
Hi Stephanie, follow these instructions for cutting a mango:
• Place the mango with one flat side resting on the cutting board.
• Slice the mango lengthwise along the flat side next to the seed.
• Turn mango over and repeat on the other side. You should have two halves of mango pulp in the skin.
• Set aside the seed with its remaining circle of pulp for later instructions.
Carefully cut a cross-hatch pattern through the mango pulp down to the skin, being careful not to cut through the skin.
Pick up the cross-cut mango half.
• Place your thumbs gently on either end.
• Place your fingers underneath in the center.
• Gently push upward with your fingers while pressing down with your thumbs to turn the diced pulp inside out in the skin.
• Carefully slice out the diced pulp by cutting between the cubed mango pulp and the skin.
• Discard skin.
• Cut remaining pulp from the outer edge of the mango seed.
• Pare the skin from the mango pulp.
• Dice and add to the rest of the diced mango.