10 Awesome Facts About Feedback
It’s hard to believe that Feedback, Rachael and hubby John Cusimano’s food and music festival, is now 11 years old! Starting with a small lineup of up-and-coming bands, the event has grown to become one of Austin’s most anticipated events of the spring, with acts like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Blondie, Naughty by Nature and more.
Feedback dates all the way back to 2008, and it all started because of Rachael and John’s love for music, food, and of course, the great city of Austin. Now over a decade old, the event has garnered more than it’s fair share of memorable moments, and we chose 10 of our favorites to share with you to celebrate.
1. It started at Beauty Bar in 2008, moved to Maggie Mae’s in 2009, then Stubb’s in 2010.
2. Fun fact about Rach: the first concert she ever attended was Peter Gabriel’s Shock the Monkey Tour.
3. Rach is an Austinite! She was named an Honorary Citizen of Austin by Mayor Lee Leffingwell, and March 15, 2014 was declared Rachael Ray Day!
4. Did you know that Rachael’s husband, John Cusimano, is part of the band The Cringe? They play every year at Feedback.
5. A handful of bands have played more than once at Feedback, including Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros who played in 2009, then came back to headline in 2015.
6. And we can’t forget Bob Schneider…he’s played almost as many times as The Cringe!
7. Since 2008, the lineup has grown from just five bands to 14.
8. Not only is there a revolving lineup of bands each year, but there are also new recipes and cocktails, too. And the best part about it – it’s all free!
9. We celebrated 10 years last year! And this year is year 11.
10. Rachael says, “Feedback is like my second Christmas” (We feel the same way!).
Join us in Austin for Rachael Ray’s 11th annual Feedback music & food fest at Stubb’s BBQ, 10a.m. – 4p.m. on March 17th! Come early, come hungry, and it’s 21+ to attend.