My kids love pancakes, and I mean “would-eat-them-every-day” love them. I know they are not alone.
Prepared baking mixes may make whipping up a batch of pancakes a snap, but you can make your own pancake mix at home and they are even better – light, fluffy and melt-in-your mouth delicious. I guarantee pancakes made with your homemade dry pancake mix will beat a store-bought batch, hands down. (This would probably be a fun weekend activity!)
I guarantee you have everything in your kitchen cabinet and will most likely save a few pennies while you’re at it. Plus, you can customize according to your family’s preferences. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mix for spice lovers or use a combination of white and wheat flour (equal parts of each would be a good combo) if that suits your fancy. Or both!
Let’s get started!
Store in an airtight container – a large jar, old oatmeal canister or zip-close bag are all good receptacles.
I recommend you tape the instructions to the container to make it as quick and easy as possible to get the pancakes on the table.
When you are ready to make a batch of these breakfast goodies (or sometimes dinner, in my house), just scoop one cup of dry pancake mix into a bowl  and add one egg, one cup of milk and one tablespoon of melted butter.
Whisk  until smooth and then pour batter onto a preheated pan  or griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface of each cake. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown. One batch makes about 8-10 good-sized pancakes, or enough for 4 people.
Enjoy with your favorite pancake fixings! I like the classic butter and warmed real maple syrup combo.
(Makes 4 batches of pancakes)
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl  and store in an airtight container or zip-close plastic bag.
2. Tape pancake instructions to the dry mix receptacle.
To make the pancake (to serve 4 people)
1. Scoop one cup of dry pancake mix into a bowl . Add one egg, one cup of milk and one tablespoon of melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
2. Preheat a pan  or griddle over medium high heat until 375 F. Grease the pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
3. Pour the batter onto the preheated pan or griddle by 1/4 cup measures (or any size you like) and cook until bubbles appear on the surface of each cake. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
4. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice like butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and fruit.
More pancakes please!