Another of My Friend Vicky’s Creations: Cauliflower with Red, Green and Black Confetti
This colorful dish is the perfect side for grilled or baked chicken or steak.
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into bite-size florets
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large clove garlic, cracked
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced into small bits
- 16 oil-cured olives, drained and chopped into small bits
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley tops, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
Cook cauliflower in one inch of boiling water in a large, covered saucepan for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain, sprinkle with salt and set aside. Return empty pan to stove, uncovered.
Set heat at medium and add oil, garlic, anchovies (optional, unless you are dining with Vicky!) and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Break up anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon until they melt into oil. Add diced red roasted peppers, chopped olives and parsley to the pan and stir to combine.
Add cooked, drained cauliflower and toss to distribute the red, black and green “confetti.” Add the crushed red pepper and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.