Pesto is great to have on hand to make an instantly delicious pasta meal. This version uses arugula instead of basil for a unique twist on the original.
- 1 bag arugula (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or 2/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add arugula, walnuts, Parmigiano Reggiano, EVOO, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender and grind into a thick paste. Be sure to ask a grown-up helper (GH) how to work the food processor or blender if you haven’t used it before.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
If you make more than you need, you can always serve the extra later in the week over your favorite pasta or freeze it. Yum-o!
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It’s good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.