Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
These bundles can be easily prepared on an outdoor grill or in a hot oven.
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears (trimmed 4-5 inches long tips)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- A few grinds black pepper
- 4 slices center-cut bacon or pancetta
- Chopped chives or scallions (optional garnish)
Pre-heat oven, if using, to 400°F.
Lightly coat asparagus spears in EVOO. Season the asparagus with black pepper. Take a quick count of the spear tips. Divide the total number by four. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. Cook 10-12 minutes until bacon is crisp and asparagus bundles are tender.
For oven preparation, place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 minutes.