Beef Pot Pie Wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 2/3-pound piece skirt steak or flat iron steak, thinly sliced on an angle and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 white mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (2 pieces) prepared piecrust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
In a medium size skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the butter to the skillet to melt, then add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the beef stock, peas and Worcestershire sauce. Return the meat to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens and the peas heat through, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; remove from the heat.
Unroll the piecrusts and halve them. Divide the cooled meat among the four piecrust pieces, placing a mound on one side of each piece and leaving a small border. Brush the edges of each piecrust piece with some of the egg. Fold the pastry over to enclose the filling, pressing down on the edges; crimp with a fork. Brush the tops of the dough with more of the egg and transfer the pies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden-brown, about 10 minutes.