Beef Tenderloin Bites on a Bed of Arugula
This easy-to-make dish tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant – you can impress family and friends with this one! For “surf and turf” you can serve with Spicy Crab and Vermicelli, but this dish holds its own by itself.
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs (eyeball it)
- A handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
Pre-heat broiler to high.
Mix bread crumbs with parsley and cheese.
In a small skillet or saucepan, warm the EVOO and garlic over low heat to infuse flavor, about five minutes. Pour garlic oil into bread crumbs and combine to distribute equally and moisten the bread crumbs.
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Coat the meat in bread crumb mixture to coat evenly. Spread the meat onto a baking sheet and broil until crisp and meat is tender, 6-7 minutes.
Serve the meat on bed of shredded arugula with pasta alongside, such as Spicy Crab and Vermicelli. Give a squeeze of lemon juice over the beef and arugula.