Big-as-an-Ice Burg Salad
Try this tangy salad for a change of pace. It also pairs well with roasted corn soup.
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, 2 handfuls
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, core removed and quartered
In a food processor, combine onion, cilantro, lime juice and vinegar. Turn processor on and stream in EVOO from the chute. Add salt. When the dressing is smooth, green and emulsified in appearance, turn off processor.
Place quarters of iceberg lettuce on a serving platter or on individual salad plates. Pour dressing over “ice burgs” and serve.