Blue Cheese Biscuit Waffles with Buffalo Chicken
Waffles go Buffalo-style! Check out all of Rachael’s recipes from Waffle Week!
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup combined dill, chives and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus a little more for brushing waffle maker
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- Celery leaves, chopped (for garnish)
Pre-heat the waffle maker to medium.
In a medium size bowl, whisk the dry biscuit mix with the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and fresh herbs.
Replace the suggested amount of liquid (milk or water) on the biscuit package directions with buttermilk. Mix in the sour cream and the lemon zest and juice.
Brush the waffle maker with melted butter. Place all the biscuit dough into the waffle maker and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until brown.
In a saucepan, heat the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons butter. Once hot and bubbly, add the chicken and toss it around a bit just to heat it through.
Remove the waffles from waffle maker and top with the Buffalo chicken. Garnish with chopped celery leaves.