Butter Bean Salad
This easy, fresh tasting dish is great for picnics, cookouts and camping!
Butter beans, as they’re typically called in the South, are said by some to be the same as lima beans, but in my experience butter beans are smaller and tastier than large lima beans, though baby lima beans come close. You can get creative with bean salad and serve it in lettuce, cabbage or raddichio cups. –RR
- 2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounces each)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (1/3 palmful)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to coat beans and vegetables evenly in dressing. Serve and enjoy!