Charred Salsa Verde Suiza Tacos
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds tomatillos, peeled
- 1 white onion, cut into thick slices or wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 jalapeño or 3 serrano peppers
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- A handful cilantro tops
- 2 teaspoons honey or light agave
- Juice of 3 limes, divided
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 small rotisserie chickens, meat pulled
- 16 corn tacos, grilled or blistered in pan over high heat until charred
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Radish matchsticks
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Cilantro tops
If you have a grill basket, prepare a grill to medium-high to high heat. Or, preheat broiler to high and set a rack in the upper third of the oven.
Arrange the tomatillos, onions, garlic and peppers in the grill basket (if grilling) or on a baking sheet (if broiling), spray lightly with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Cook veggies until charred.
Transfer to a food processor and add cumin, cilantro, juice of 2 limes and honey. Purée into a salsa then remove to a bowl.
Rinse out the processor bowl and add avocado, juice of remaining lime and crema or sour cream. Place in a squirt bottle or dish.
Heat chicken with a splash or two of chicken stock in a skillet set on the grill or the stove.
Fill charred tortillas with chicken, cheeses, salsa, red onions, radish, jalapeño and cilantro.