- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cups lettuce, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and ground pepper
Char the tortillas over an open flame if you have gas range. If not, char them in a dry skillet over high heat.
Spread some hummus on 4 of the charred tortillas. Sprinkle the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, jalapeños and lettuce over the hummus. Sprinkle with lime juice, salt and pepper. Top the quesadillas with the four remaining tortillas and cut each into quarters.