Chipotle Potato Salad
Serve with Grilled Chicken Posole Salad.
- 4 large Russet potatoes, about 2 1/2 pounds, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), eyeball it
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 large, chopped
- Handful chopped cilantro leaves, 2 tablespoons
- Couple sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped (or a couple pinches dried)
- Salt and pepper
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and season water liberally with salt and cook the potatoes until just fork tender, 8-9 minutes.
Combine chipotles, sauce, marmalade, juice and vinegar in a bowl, then whisk in the EVOO.
Drain the potatoes well, return them to hot pot to let water evaporate, then add immediately to dressing. The dressing will be better absorbed by warm taters. Toss with onions and herbs and season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or chill. Drizzle a little more EVOO over the salad if it gets dry.