Cider Know-How: Apple Cider and Lemon Slaw
Add vitality to a fall salad with a variety of vitamin-filled veggies and fruit juices.
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard or grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3-4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, cider and EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, then toss the veggies with the dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 8 hours, then serve.