Crab Salad Bites on Endive
- 6 ounces lump white crab meat, broken into small pieces with your fingertips
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 radishes, grated
- 3 tablespoons celery greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 24 endive leaves
- Chopped parsley or chives, for garnish
Put the crab in a medium bowl. Add the bell pepper, shallot, orange zest, grated radish, celery greens, salt and pepper.
Combine the mayonnaise and heavy cream in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the crab and mix well. Using a rounded spoonful, mound the crab salad onto the root end of each endive leaf and fill the leaves half their length. Arrange stuffed endive leaves on a platter and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.