- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- About 2 2/3 cups chicken stock
- A generous handful of dried, sweetened cranberries, such as Ocean Spray brand Craisins
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
Heat the butter over medium heat in a saucepot. Add the orzo and toast until golden.
Stir in the rice; add the stock and cranberries. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, 15-18 minutes.
Fluff the rice and combine with the walnuts and scallions to serve.