Deviled Ham and Egg Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 6 eggs
- 1 3/4-pound bone-in ham steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus additional for drizzling
- 3/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup red onion, grated
- 1/4 red bell pepper, grated
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsley
Put potatoes in a pot of cold water and place over high heat. Bring up to a boil and cook until tender. Drain well and reserve in a large mixing bowl.
Place the eggs into a medium-size saucepot with cold water then place over high heat. Once at a boil, put a lid over the pot and turn off the heat. Let the egg set for 10 minutes then peel and chop them up.
While the eggs are going, sear the ham steak over medium-high heat in a drizzle of EVOO. Once sides of the ham steak have been seared, remove it from the skillet and chop it up into bite-size pieces. Add the chopped ham to the bowl with the potatoes.
Add the yogurt, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, hot sauce, mustard, lemon juice and 1/2 cup EVOO to the bowl. Give everything a good stir to combine all the ingredients into the potatoes.