Deviled Scrambled Eggs Sandwiches
For the Worcestershire sauce, I used Lady Jayne, a small producer in upstate New York. I served the sandwiches with a couple of slices of crispy baked bacon (page 24).
- 6 Araucana or organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon French’s yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Rachael Ray 24/7 Seasoning or your favorite all-purpose seasoning blend
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red Fresno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and buttered
In a bowl, beat together the eggs, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and seasoning blend to taste.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chile, bell pepper, and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Dump in the egg mixture and cook to scramble. Serve it up on the toast as sandwiches.