Devilish Angel Cake with Wine-Soaked Berries
- 1/3 cup dry Italian red wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint black berries
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- Whipped cream, canister
- Finely chopped fresh mint leaves or orange zest, for garnish
Combine the wine, sugar and pepper in a medium size bowl. Add the berries and soak 20 minutes.
Cut the cake into thick slices. Serve the cake wedges doused with wine soaked berries and garnished with whipped cream and fresh mint or orange zest.