Double Cheeseburgers with Special Ranch
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 cup Fabanaise, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mix of finely chopped fresh chives, dill and parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup (I use Sir Kensington’s)
- 1/4 cup pickle relish (I use Wickle’s)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices yellow American cheese
- 4 sesame-seed hamburger buns or sesame brioche buns, halved and lightly toasted
- Sliced dill pickles
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Thinly sliced iceberg or little gem lettuce
In a medium bowl, mix the Fabanaise, herbs, ketchup, relish and Worcestershire; season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Heat a cast-iron skillet, griddle or grill over medium-high. In another medium bowl, season the beef and form 8 large, very thin patties. Drizzle the skillet with oil; add 4 patties and cook, turning occasionally, 6-7 minutes. Top 2 of the patties with a slice of cheese during the last minute or so of cooking. Top cheeseburgers with another cooked patty to melt the cheese; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese.
Place pickles and onions on the bun bottoms then the double patties, then some lettuce. Top with some of the sauce and set bun tops in place.