Fennel and Celery Slaw
Fennel and celery seasoned with a honey, lemon and vinegar vinaigrette makes for a fast and fantastic salad. Garnish with toasted pistachios or walnuts.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup parsley tops, coarsely chopped
- 4 ribs celery and leafy tops, very thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium bulbs fennel, very thinly sliced, plus a handful of fronds, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toasted pistachios or walnuts, chopped, for garnish
Combine the honey, vinegar and shallot with the lemon juice and whisk in the EVOO. Add the parsley, celery and fennel and toss to coat and combine. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter and top with the toasted nuts.