Garlic and Herb Broiled Tomatoes
A quick and tasty side dish that goes with lots of mains. For extra juicy tomatoes, heat them up in the oven while you’re making the stuffing.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat broiler to medium high.
Cut plum tomatoes in half lengthwise. Squeeze or scoop out most of the pulp and seeds. Place the tomatoes flesh side up in a heat safe dish and season them with salt and pepper.
In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmigiano Reggiano, thyme, garlic and EVOO. Season mixture with pepper and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Place tomatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes or until golden brown.