Great Grilled Vegetables Platter
These veggies are delish as a healthy appetizer or side for a summer barbecue or evening meal.
- 1 Japanese eggplant (small, black, purple or white skinned), cut into 1/4-inch strips, lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices, lengthwise
- 1 cubanelle (light green) Italian pepper, cut into strips, lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 8 medium criminis mushrooms (baby portobellos), trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for brushing
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (4-6 sprigs), stripped and chopped (1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or dried Italian seasoning (a sprinkle) may be substituted)
Pre-heat grill or grill pan over moderate to high heat. Assemble cut veggies on a platter and, as you place them on the grill, brush each side with a little EVOO. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
Cook until vegetables are just tender, 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the vegetable. Arrange grilled vegetables back on the platter and garnish with a generous sprinkle of chopped fresh thyme.