Greens on Greens
- 2 cups arugula, about 3 handfuls
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a handful
- 1 head radicchio, cored and chopped
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
Place the arugula, lemon zest and juice, pine nuts, salt and pepper, to taste, and the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to grind. Let ‘er rip and add the EVOO in a slow steady stream. Once all the oil is in, add the cheese and pulse to combine.
Arrange the radicchio and romaine in a salad bowl, top with dressing and toss to combine.