Grilled Deviled Ham and Cheese
An Italian touch gives this deviled ham and double cheese grilled sandwich added zest.
- 1/2 pound prosciutto cotto, coarsely chopped
- 1 small rib celery from heart, coarsely chopped
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley tops, (a small handful)
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard, such as French’s
- 2 round tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, such as Lea and Perrin’s
- Black pepper
- Good quality salted butter, melted
- 8 hand-sliced slices good quality white bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 8 deli slices Swiss cheese, such as Jarlesberg
- 8 deli slices yellow cheddar cheese
For the deviled ham, pulse-process ingredients in food processor into almost-smooth, very finely chopped spread.
Liberally brush 1 side of 8 slices of bread for 4 sandwiches with the melted butter.
Build sandwiches: bread with the butter side facing down, 2 slices Swiss cheese, some deviled ham, 2 slices cheddar cheese, and another slice of bread with the buttered side out.
Grill sandwiches over medium heat on nonstick griddle pan until cheese is melted and they’re deeply golden.