Hot Dog Stew Italiano
This is another one-pot meal from Grandma Rosie’s Magic Kitchen: her invention for a quick and inexpensive Italian-American supper!
- 1 can tomato paste (18 ounces)
- 3 cans of water (18 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 7-8 hot dogs of your choice, chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
Pre-heat a medium soup pot over medium heat. Add olive oil to heated pan. Add onions and sauté until golden. Add tomato paste, water and spices. Stir until paste is well blended with water and spices.
Heat mixture to boiling and add potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add hot dogs and frozen peas. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 10 minutes. You may add more paste and water, to taste.
Serve with garlic bread.