- 6 (6-inch) pitas
- 1/2 pint container store-bought plain hummus
- 1/2 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 3 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese or a combination of the two
- 6 anchovies, chopped (optional)
- 3 whole roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water (6 hearts), drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini, chopped (optional)
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Arrange the pitas on baking sheets. In a bowl, combine the hummus and the olive tapanade. Spread the hummus on the pitas and top with cheese, like pizza. Combine the chopped anchovies, peppers, artichokes and pepperoncini. Cover the pizzas with the chopped mixture.
Bake for 10-12 minutes to melt cheese and crisp the pitas. Cut the pizzas into wedges and garnish with parsley.