Jalapeño Bacon Cole Slaw
What better side to go along with some fried chicken than Kappy’s Jalapeño Bacon Cole Slaw? Read what else is On Kappy’s Plate!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package cole slaw cabbage mix (14 ounces), store-bought or fresh cabbage, shredded*
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped or thinly sliced
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar to make a dressing and season with salt and pepper. If you like your slaw more vinegary, by all means, go for it. If you like it less sweet or more sweet, adjust the sugar, to taste.
In a larger mixing bowl, add the cabbage, chopped jalapeños and the cooked and chopped bacon. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Let the slaw sit in the fridge for a good hour or two to let the flavors come together. It’s even better the next day!
*If you are using fresh cabbage and shredding it yourself, you can use one small head of white cabbage and a half a small head of red cabbage. You can add one shredded carrot, too.