Korean-Style Beef Bowl with Brown Rice
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Tamari, dark soy sauce or liquid Amino
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 1 round teaspoon chili paste (Rooster on bottle)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut, other high-temp cooking oil or stir fry oil, infused with ginger and garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups packed baby spinach or kale
- 1 large bunch spring onions or scallions, chopped
- Brown or white rice, cooked in chicken stock according to package directions, for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Whisk together the stock, sugar, soy, sesame, ginger, chili paste and garlic.
Heat a stir-fry pan or round-bottom skillet over high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. When oil smokes, brown meat and crumble; add sauce and stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add spinach or kale, wilt and remove. Add scallions or spring onions to the pan, quicly toss.
Serve over rice topped with sesame seeds.