Leeky Broth with Ravioli
We’re talking major comfort food!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 leeks, halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise and cleaned
- 1 bunch bitter greens, such as dandelion greens, stemmed and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound small ravioli
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Grated lemon peel, for serving
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, to pass around the table
In a soup pot, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, then add the leeks and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Discard the garlic and stir in the bitter greens. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the ravioli and cook until they float, 2 minutes. Stir in the basil.
Stir the lemon peel into the soup and pass the cheese at table.