Meatless Big S’Mac Burgers
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo (Rach loves Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise), or sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup ketchup (Rach loves Sir Kensington’s or Heinz Organic)
- ⅓ tablespoon relish (Rach loves Wickles brand)
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pimenton (smoked sweet paprika)
- 4 meatless burger patties, such as Beyond Burger or Impossible Burger (1 ½ to 2 pounds for 6-8 ounce patties)
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 8 slices yellow American cheese, optional
- 4 sesame seed buns
- Sliced dill pickles
- Finely chopped raw white onion
- Chopped iceberg lettuce
For the special sauce: In a medium glass bowl, stir together ingredients.
For the Big S’Mac Burgers: Grill meatless burgers seasoned with salt and pepper in neutral oil in a hot cast-iron skillet, about 7 to 8 minutes over medium to medium-high heat. Top with 2 slices yellow American cheese per patty, optional, during last minute of cooking time.
Assemble burgers on sesame seed buns (Rach likes Big Marty’s): bun bottom, dill pickles, onion, cheeseburger, chopped iceberg lettuce, special sauce, bun top.