Nachos con Chorizo & Queso Suprema
- 1 large bag blue corn tortilla chips, such as Frontera
- 3/4 cup Mexican chorizo, crumbled and cooked until crispy
- 1 batch Texas-Style Queso
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
Pico de Gallo:
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- Dash of RedHot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
Place chips on a baking sheet and warm slightly in oven. Combine plum tomatoes, cilantro, serrano pepper, red onion, RedHout sauce, lime, and salt for pico de gallo and season to taste.
Remove chorizo from casing. Cook chorizo until crispy.
Remove the chips from oven. Ladle on queso and top chips with crispy bits of chorizo and pico de gallo.