Noodle Bowls With Green Veggies
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed of tough ends and sliced on an angle
- 1 bunch spring onions or leeks, whites and light greens, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 1 green chili pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1 cup shelled fava or edamame
- 12 ounces udon noodles or Asian buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 cup dry crisp sake or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, julienned or cut into fat matchsticks
- 2 bunches watercress, trimmed and picked
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the noodles.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté asparagus and onions 2-3 minutes; add garlic, chili pepper, ginger, peas and fava beans or edamame. Toss to heat through, 2-3 minutes. Add sake or stock, and reduce heat to medium low.
Drop noodles in salted water and cook according to package directions, 4-5 minutes.
Add Tamari, Sambal and sesame oil to vegetables.
Drain noodles, divide among 4 bowls and top with vegetables, sauce, cucumber, watercress and sesame seeds.