Olive and Garlic Soft Cheese Spread with Whole-Grain Baguette and Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup large olives with pimiento
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 sliced whole-grain baguette
- Parmesan pita crisps, store-bought
- 1 celery heart, cut into sticks
Preheat oven 425°F.
Place potatoes in a skillet and add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover potatoes with chicken stock, add about 1/4-1/2 stick butter and cover skillet with a lid. Cook the potatoes in the stock until the stock evaporates and the potatoes start to brown.
Place olives in food processor and grate in garlic, add cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Pulse the cheese and olives into a fairly smooth spread.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with hazelnuts.
Toast the bread on a baking sheet 5-10 minutes to lightly crisp. Surround the spread with bread, pita crisps and celery and serve with browned potatoes.