Pork Chops with Cherry Pan Sauce
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- 3/4 cup flour, for dusting pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 1 15-ounce can whole black pitted cherries in natural juices, drained
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons.
Season the pounded chops with salt, pepper and thyme. Place flour in a shallow bowl and toss the seasoned chops in the flour, coating completely then shaking off excess. Place the chops in the hot skillet and sear meat on both sides to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Once the chops are done, remove them to a plate and tent with foil to rest while you make the pan sauce. Place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat with another tablespoon of EVOO. Add the shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cherries to the shallots along with the lemon zest to warm through.
Add 1/2 cup of stock and let cook for another minute. Add the remaining butter in small pieces, toss the sauce to combine. Pour pan sauce over the chops and serve.