Pork Chops with Dijon Glaze
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shots dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 rounded tablespoons Dijon mustard
- A handful of fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 1/2-inches thick)
Heat the EVOO in a small pot over medium to medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shallot and lemon zest and season with a little salt and lots of pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the sherry and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and honey and simmer until reduced, 15 minutes. Stir in the mustard and tarragon, then remove the glaze from the heat.
Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
Coat the pork chops with EVOO and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill the chops, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 12-15 minutes, basting liberally with the glaze during the last 5 minutes of cooking.